No products in the cart.
Think of a pine forest and you’re thinking of Chinook. It has an herbal character that some refer to as a bit smokey, but it’s best known for it’s piney spicy flavor, but it has citrusy notes as well. After Cascade and Centennial, Chinook is the most popular “C” aroma hop out there. Created back in the mid 80’s when the cold war was coming to an end, Chinook has stood the test of time and with a high alpha for an aroma hop variety can serve many needs for years to come.
- Aroma: Distinctive Grapefruit, Citrus, Fruity and Spicy
- MMaturity: Mid to Late Season
- Yield: 1700 – 2100 lbs/acre
Beers we found on the Interwebs that reportedly use Chinook hops:
- Port Brewing Company High Tide Fresh Hop IPA
- Silverton Brewery Ice Pick Ale
- Hopback Brewery Thunderstorm
- Brew Dog Brewing Company Punk IPA
Typical Analytical Range Alpha Acid Range %: 12-14% Beta Acid Range %: 3-4% Co-Humulone as % of alpha: 29-35% Total Oils mls/100gr.: 1.7-2.7% ml/100gr